Friday, November 21, 2014

Our Typical Day of Maternity Leave || By the Hour

This post was super fun to create! Thanks to Megan for the idea. I originally saw it on her blog a few weeks ago and just knew I wanted to recreate. I also have to give a HUGE thank you to my girl, Siri. Without the hourly iPhone reminders, this post would NOT have happened. 

Today marks my last official day of maternity leave. I will no longer single handily financially support the entire organization otherwise known as Target. No more 3 hour Hobby Lobby trips, meandering down every single aisle convincing myself it was time to redecorate my entire home. 

I took a photo every hour of the day, earlier this week, in an attempt to capture what our typical day of maternity leave looked like. I'm so thankful to have this post to look back on and remember this beautiful life we've had over the past 3.5 months!


Rise and shine!!  Hands down, one of my favorite parts of our day.

Snuggles on the couch in our pjs, while watching the local news.

And down she goes for her first nap of the day!

On a good day, we actually changed out of our pajamas around this time...

My girl just loves mornings.  She's always in such a sweet, smiley mood!

We usually break out of the house around midday. 
In this photo we were in the waiting room at the car dealership getting my oil changed.

Off to Hobby Lobby we go!  Hello Christmas décor!!

Poor girl!  Her stroller was taken over by garland, but she wasn't phased. 
She loves shopping with mom!

Phew, all the decisions wore her out.

Poor babe was so tired!  But, baby has to have food so off to Target we go.

You'll notice she's chewing on the bottle, not really drinking it. Lara's teething, so the evenings are pretty rough around our house.  We usually give her some Tylenol around 5:00 or so and then again around bedtime.  She can't usually take her 5:00 bottle unless she has Tylenol in her system because her little teeth hurt so bad.

Daddy's HOME!!!!! 

Sorry this one's so blurry!  Daddy took this for us.  Our evenings usually look like this.  Passing the baby between us while we eat dinner.  One of the only things that brings a smile to her face past 5:00 is her big sister, Belle.  Hence why she's sitting on my lap facing the dog. 

By this time, we are ALL worn out.  In fact, you'll notice my nightgown is on INSIDE OUT. 
That's because I threw it on as quickly as I could while Jon got her ready for bed amidst hysterics.

And she's out.

I didn't realize how well these pictures told our daily story until I looked back over them, after I'd climbed into bed exhausted, a few minutes after this last one was taken. 
All smiles until we inch closer to 5:00 pm. That's when the real work begins.
At the end of the day, Jon and I feel as if we've completed a relay marathon, passing the baton baby around, doing anything we can to keep her happy.  As exhausted as we are, we look forward to running the marathon all over again the next day. When our sweet baby girl finally drifts peacefully off to sleep, we realize, we did it.
We got the gold medal.

No comments :